What is Logan River Academy?
Logan River Academy in Logan, Utah, is a co-ed residential treatment center. Established in 2000, Logan River Academy serves teens with various clinical diagnoses, including Depression, Anxiety, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and other behavioral/emotional concerns. Students in grades 8 through 12 can live and study at Logan River Academy, allowing them constant access to counselors and teachers who work with students to help them manage their circumstances.
The school is accredited for middle and high school curriculum, following the Utah State Standards for Common Core. When comparing other treatment centers to Logan River Academy, the high quality school and excellent clinical staff of licensed therapists set us apart.
Types of Therapy
Students attending Logan River Academy treatment center benefit from specialized therapy and counseling programs to help them through their problems. The various types of therapy include:
- Individual Treatment Plan
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Psychiatric Services
- Family Visits
As students participate in these therapies, they gain the ability to succeed beyond Logan River Academy. In a survey of parents, 72 percent reported their child’s ability to deal with life’s challenges greatly improved and 92 percent of parents feel that their sons or daughters benefited from their stays at Logan River Academy.
83 percent of parents say their children’s interpersonal relationships improved, which is largely due to positive experiences in therapy sessions and school activities.
Logan River Academy’s staff understands that some of the students they interact with are representative of more than 11 percent of youth in the U.S. who have a mental health issues causing significant impairment. Each therapist is trained and prepared to help students find ways to create a successful life.
How to Choose the Right Treatment Center for Your Child
Scientists have discovered that 50 percent of all mental illnesses onset by the age of 14. Teenage years are also the most formative for the human brain. This can cause a significant period of change, and an important stage for coping and understanding.
You and your child need to find the best options for treatment if your child is experiencing difficulties due to a disorder, mental illness, or other major behavioral problem. Choosing the right treatment center for your child is best done in these four steps.
- Understand his or her needs: Some facilities are better suited for certain disorders or difficulties. Does your child need a residential treatment center, or would home therapy suffice?
- Allow your child to help in the process: Many children perform better at treatment centers when they have been part of the decision process and chosen to attend. He or she might be interested in activities or counselors at one facility that aren’t available at another.
- Get recommendations: Current therapists or trusted, experienced consultants or advisers may be able to offer recommendations for treatment centers. You may also consider reading testimonials from those who have attended different centers.
- Tour the facility and meet the staff: One of the best ways to get a feel for treatment centers is to tour the facilities and meet the staff. There is no better judge of the situation being right than you.
Why is Logan River Special?
The benefits of Logan River Academy in Logan, UT, make it special. Beyond the personalized therapies, Logan River Academy offers organized programs for students who need them. Special programs include:
- ESSENCE: A specialized program for boys on the autism spectrum;
- Foundations: A Principle-Based Program for boys experiencing mood disorders;
- Maple Rise Academy: A separate girls program;
- Maple Rise ESSENCE: A program for girls on the autism spectrum; and
- Tavasi–A transitional living program for boys
Each of these programs has been designed to help students reach their goals for a better life.
Outside of the five programs, students have the opportunity to participate in activities at and around the Logan River Academy campus. There are three categories of activities.
- Adventure Learning: Adventure learning consists of outdoor experiential activities such as hikes, canoeing trips, and whitewater rafting. These activities cause students to let their guards down and release emotion and tension. Adventure learning also develops skills and provides tangible metaphors for students to use in therapy.
- Diversionary/incentive activities: Incentive activities range from pizza parties to snowboarding, and act as rewards for academic, social, or other successes while at Logan River Academy.
- Organized sports and routine fitness activities: Logan River has competitive soccer and softball teams, and provides various sports and fitness opportunities depending on the season.
Logan River Academy is special because the staff treats students like the teenagers they are, with outlets for physical activity, mental stimulation, and more. They provide the assistance needed to get on a good track for academic and life achievement.
Choose Logan River Academy
Choose Logan River Academy as the treatment center right for your child and family.